The West African Examination Council WAEC GCE First series Examination 2024 is now open for registration. Candidates who want to take the examination can register both online and offline. We will provide you with all the information you need to successfully register for the WAEC GCE 2024.
WAEC GCE stands for West African Examination Council General Certificate Examination. It is an external examination conducted by the WAEC for candidates who did not sit for or pass the internal WASSCE (West African Senior School Certificate Examination) or who want to improve their grades. The WAEC GCE First series is usually held in January/February every year.
Why Should You Take WAEC GCE?
Taking the WAEC GCE can have many benefits for your academic and career prospects. Some of the reasons why you should take the exam are:
- It can serve as an alternative qualification for admission into tertiary institutions in Nigeria and abroad.
- It can help you meet the requirements for scholarships, jobs, and other opportunities that require O’level results.
- It can help you upgrade your SSCE results if you are not satisfied with your previous performance.
- It can help you prepare for other external examinations such as WAEC, JAMB, and NABTEB.
How to Register for WAEC GCE 2024
Examination fee is N27,000. Also Candidates will be required to pay N500 commission to the accredited Banks or Agent.
Examination will commence from 31st January to 17th February, 2024
The registration can be done at any WAEC agent Offices or WAEC state branch Office.
Computer Based Exam
The exanmination will be Computer Based.
TheObjective papers will be fully CBT, while the essayand test of Practicals will be a hybrid examinationwhere the questions will be displayed on thescreen and the candidates will capture answers onpaper.
Mock ExaminationsThere will be Online Mock examination for registered candidates. This is to enable intending candidates familiarise with the testing platform.The date and modalities for the Mock test will becommunicated in due time.
WAEC GCE Registration Deadline
The West African Examination Council WAEC has announced 22nd January, 2024 as the latest deadline for the registration of WAEC GCE First series.
Available Subjects for the WAEC GCE 2024
The available subjects for the WAEC GCE 2024 are;
- Agricultural Science
- Arabic Language
- Civic Education
- Christian Religious Studies
- Data Processing
- English Language
- Financial Accounting
- Further Mathematics
- Health Education
- Islamic Studies
- Physical Education
- Store Keeping
- Technical Drawing
Candidates should note that Nigerian Languages (Hansa, Igbo and Yoruba) include Literature component.
- Candidates cannot get a refund for the registration fee after they pay it.
- Candidates can register as a WALK IN CANDIDATE six hours before the subject they want to write.
- Candidates cannot change their EXAMINATION CENTRE after submitting their data.
- Candidates should use a reliable cyber café to avoid errors in their registration. They should also check all the entries made by the cyber café on their behalf before they upload your data online. Candidates can only correct their data once after it is uploaded online, and they have two weeks to do so.
- Note that:
- Candidates cannot change their full names.
- Candidates can only correct one of these two: name (either surname, first name, or middle name) or passport, along with other registration data.
- Candidates should study the Rules & Regulations and the Syllabus before the examination.
- Candidates photographs that they upload during registration will be embossed on their certificate.
- Candidates will be notified about the availability of their centre at least a day before the examination date.
- Candidates are not allowed to smoke or bring any electronic devices (such as calculators, phones, tablets, smart watches, etc.) into the examination hall.
- Candidates should wear casual clothes and no weapons are allowed in the examination hall.
- Candidates cannot register more than once. If they do, their results will be cancelled.
- Please note that no candidates will be allowed to enter the examination hall after the examination starts.