In this blog article, you can learn about the UNIZIK Prescience Application Form. It will cover admission requirements, application dates, application methods, available courses, results compilation, the admission process, and accommodations for interested students.
The Pre-Science programme at Nnamdi Azikiwe University UNIZIK is designed to help post-secondary school students prepare for Science programmes when they didn’t meet the entry requirements. It helps students consolidate their basic knowledge, master learning methods, and strengthen their confidence with the goal of achieving academic success. The programme is tailored for students aiming to study Medicine, Pharmacy, Health Sciences and Technology, Basic Medical Sciences, Biosciences, Physical Sciences, Agriculture, Engineering, Social and Management Science.
Is UNIZIK Prescience Application Form 2024 Out?
The management of Nnamdi Azikiwe University UNIZIK is now selling Prescience Application Forms for 2024/2025.
UNIZIK Prescience Admission Requirement
The Pre-Science Programme also prepares candidates for JAMB and other examinations. The programme offers the students wonderful opportunity to gain high scores in JAMB and to perform excellently well in other exams.
(a) The minimum academic qualification is five (5) O’level credits in SSCE, NECO, GCE and NABTEB at not more than two (2) sittings; those who are still awaiting their SSCE, NABTEB or NECO result.
N.B: The five credits must include English Language and Mathematics for all courses plus three other science subjects for science based courses and three non-science subjects; Economics, Government, Literature, and other related subjects for courses in Faculties of Management Sciences and Social Sciences.
Steps On How To Apply For UNIZIK Prescience Form
- Candidates are expected to follow the steps by Visiting the Portal: https://myedu.unizik.edu.ng/Applicant/Form/GeneratePrescienceInvoice
- Login to UNIZIK website
- Click on Pre-Science
- Click on generate Invoice
- Proceed to the any bank for payment ( N10,000)
- After payment, login/click on Pre-Science
- Click on fill application form
- Enter your confirmation number and complete your registrationSubmit, Print and proceed to the Pre-Science office at UNIZIK for documentation /payment of school fee/other fees and hostel accommodation Or Walk into the Pre-Science Office at Utility Building, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka to obtain the form.
OFFER OF ADMISSION INTO PRE-SCIENCE PROGRAMME
Once the online registration is done, students need to go to the Pre-Science Office to get their admission letter and complete other registration procedures. Getting into the Pre-Science Program doesn’t mean automatic entry into the regular university program. All the rules for the Pre-Science Program can be found in the Students’ Handbook. Students show acceptance of the program offer by paying all the required fees to the Pre-Science account. Fees cannot be refunded, and paying all the fees is necessary for admission into the Pre-Science program.
a. Candidates who have received their admission letters after paying the school fees should register themselves.
b. For screening of credentials, admitted candidates should report to the Pre- Science Office at Awka with the following;
i. Printed Application form
ii. Photocopies of Certificates/Statement of Results
iii. Photocopies of bank draft for purchase of form and evidence of payment of school fees and other compulsory fees
iv. Two recent passport photographs
c. After being successfully screened, the candidates should collect the following from the Pre-Science Office;
I Registration Number
ii Clearance Form
iii Subject Grouping Form
iv Identity Card(ID)
v Personal Data/Subject Form(2)
vi Medical Form
vii Registration Files
viii Placement Form(1)
ix Students Information Handbook
SUBMISSION OF FILES
Each file should contain the following documents before they are returned to the Pre-Science office;
i Subject Form
ii Photocopies of all receipts
a. Acceptance fee
c. Accommodation fees(where applicable)
d. Other fees
iii Photocopies of certificates /statement of result , testimonial
iv Photocopy of Birth Certificate
v Photocopy of Clearance Form
I Candidates should ensure that their statements of results bear the Centre Numbers of their qualifying examinations.
ii Certificates /statements of results are usually taken to the office of the relevant examination body for verification.
iii Candidates involved with fake(forged) or mutilated results when found, will be expelled or handed over to law enforcement agents.
1. Only students who have paid all fees and have been cleared by the Pre-Science Office can take the exams.
2. There is a final exam at the end of the program.
3. The exam class list is prepared for the six subjects, based on the category:
– Core Science:
1. English Language
– Social/Management Sciences:
4. Literature in English
The pre-science pass system relies on the best four subjects, with a maximum score of 400 points. The results are valid for two academic years, and the program lasts for one academic year with two semesters. Admission into the regular degree program is not guaranteed, and placement is based on individual merit, considering both learning and character. Indiscipline can disqualify candidates from placement.
FACULTIES THAT ACCEPT STUDENTS FROM THE PROGRAMME
Faculty of Agriculture
– Department of Agric Economics
– Department of Animal Science and Technology
– Department of Crop Science and Horticulture
– Department of Fisheries and Aquaculture
– Department of Food Science and Technology
– Department of Forestry and Wild Life Management
– Department of Soil l Science and Land Resources Management
Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences
– Department of Anatomy
– Department of Physiology
Faculty of Bio-Sciences
– Department of Applied Microbiology and Brewing
– Department of Applied Biochemistry
– Department of Botany
– Department of Parasitology and Entomology
– Department of Zoology
Faculty of Education
– Department of Science Education With options in
– Science Education/Biology
– Science Education/Chemistry
– Science Education/Computer Science
– Science Education\]lntegrated Science
– Science Education/Physics
– Department of Technology and Vocational Education
– Technical Education With options in
– Electrical and Electronic Technology
– Mechanical and Automobile Technology
– Woodwork and Building Technology
– Business Education with options
– Accounting Education
– Office Technology and Management
– Commerce and Cooperative
– Department of Adult Education
– Department of Educational Management and Policy
– Department of Educational Foundation
– Department of Guidance and Counselling
– Department of Human Kinetics and Health Education
– Department of Library and Information Science
Faculty of Engineering
– Department of Agricultural and Bio-resources Engineering
– Department of Chemical Engineering
– Department of Civil Engineering
– Department of Electrical Engineering
– Department of Electronics and Computer Engineering
– Department of Industrial and Production Engineering
– Department of Mechanical Engineering
– Department of Metallurgical/Material Engineering
– Department of Polymer and Textile Engineering
Faculty of Environmental Sciences
– Department of Architecture
– Department of Building
– Department of Environmental Management
– Department of Estate Management
– Department of Geography & Meteorology
– Department of Surveying and Geo-informatics
– Department of Quantity Surveying
Faculty of Health Science and Technology
– Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences
– Department of Medical Rehabilitation/Physiotherapy
– Department of Nursing
– Department of Radiography
– Department of Environmental Health Sciences
Faculty of Medicine
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Faculty of Physical Sciences
– Department of Computer Science
– Department of Geology
– Department of Mathematics
– Department of Physics and Industrial Physics
– Department of Pure and Industrial Chemistry
– Department of Statistics
– Applied Geophysics
Faculty of Management Sciences
– Department of Accountancy
– Department of Banking and Finance
– Department of Business Administration
– Department of Cooperative Economics and Management
– Department of Marketing
– Department of Public Administration
– Department of Entrepreneur Studies
Faculty of Social Sciences
– Department of Economics
– Department of Mass Communication
– Department of Political Sciences
– Department of Psychology
– Department of Sociology
Accommodation is available in the Study Centre hostel for both male and female students. It has basic facilities and is a safe and encouraging environment for students. Living in the hostel is recommended for safety, proximity, and a positive study group experience. It helps students think creatively and build strong relationships. The hostel fee is affordable.
Students should pay the accommodation fee along with tuition and other fees. But they need to get clearance from the office before paying for accommodation. Students should not pay for accommodation outside the school hostel without office clearance.
Students are advised to bring their personal belongings, except mattresses and pillows, to prevent bug infestation in the hostel. Payment for mattresses and pillows should be made before the start of the academic session into a specified account.
How Is Prescience Admission Offered ?
The process of gaining admission into the university involves several important steps. First and foremost, the students must have created an account on the official screening portal, which can be found at www.apply.unizik.edu.ng/#/. On this portal, they can apply for the school’s Post Unified Tetiary Matriculation Examination (POST UTME). This step is crucial as it forms the basis for admission consideration.
Once the application is submitted, the next pivotal stage is the confirmation of admission. This confirmation typically occurs through a transfer approval on the JAMB Central Admission Processing System (CAPS). At this point, the student will be notified to accept the transfer approval and also effect a change of course to their current course. This is an essential requirement that must be fulfilled before the student can be admitted by JAMB.
Therefore, it’s important for students to not only complete the initial application and examination process but also to actively engage with subsequent steps to ensure a smooth and successful admission process. Each stage plays a vital role in determining the student’s pathway to securing admission into the university.