One of the important documents that the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) issues to candidates who have been offered provisional admission into their chosen institutions is the JAMB Admission Letter. This letter is a formal and official confirmation of your admission status and contains vital information about your course of study, duration, and institution. If you have applied for admission into any Nigerian higher institution through the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), you will need to print your JAMB Admission Letter 2024.
In this article, we will explain what the JAMB Admission Letter contains, why you need to print your Admission Letter, how much it costs to print your Admission Letter, how to print your Admission Letter online, and how to reprint your lost or damaged JAMB Admission Letter.
What the JAMB Admission Letter Contains
The JAMB Admission Letter contains the following information:
- Your personal details, such as your name, date of birth, gender, state of origin, and UTME/DE registration number.
- Your admission details, such as your institution, faculty, department, programme, and course of study.
- Your admission session and duration of your programme.
- A congratulatory message from JAMB and a signature of the Registrar.
- A barcode and a reference number for verification purposes.
The JAMB Admission Letter also has a watermark of the JAMB logo and a stamp of the institution that offered you admission.
Why You Need to Print Your JAMB Admission Letter
Printing your JAMB Admission Letter is very important for the following reasons:
- It is a proof of your admission status and acceptance by JAMB and your institution.
- It is required for your clearance and registration process in your institution.
- It is required for scholarship applications and other academic purposes.
- It is required for NYSC mobilization after graduation.
- To further your education locally or abroad.
Therefore, you should print your JAMB Admission Letter as soon as possible after you have been offered admission and keep it safe for future use. JAMB Admission Letter is a vital document that you need to protect and ensure that it is always available to you.
Cost of Printing JAMB Admission Letter
Printing your JAMB Admission Letter online costs One Thousand Naira (₦1,000) only. This fee is payable through the JAMB e-facility portal using any of the following methods:
- Online payment via Remita (Visa, Mastercard, Verve, eNaira) cards
- Online payment via eTransact
- Bank payment via Xpress Payments
You will also need to have a valid email address and password to access the JAMB e-facility portal.
How to Print Your JAMB Admission Letter 2024
The process to print your JAMB Admission Letter 2024 is easy and has been outlined below. To print your JAMB Admission Letter online, follow these steps:
- Go to the JAMB e-facility portal.
- Login with your email address and password.
- Click on the “Print Admission Letter” tab.
- Select your preferred payment method.
- A transaction ID will be generated for this service and displayed on the confirmation page screen. Note the transaction ID in a bold red font as it will be useful for future references. A copy of this transaction ID will also be sent to your registered email address.
- The status of your payment will be displayed on the “My Payment Section”. An SMS and email containing your unique transaction identification and payment status will be sent to you after payment. Click on the Continue button.
- You will be redirected to a payment page where you will make a payment of One Thousand Naira (₦1,000) only.
- Once payment is completed, you will be asked to provide your year of examination and JAMB Registration Number. After entering the information correctly, you will be able to access and download your admission letter in PDF format.
- Print out two copies of your admission letter on A4 paper in coloured (one for yourself and one for your institution).
NOTE: Before you print your admission letter, we recommend that you check your admission status first. The platform is designed to provide you with a smooth and convenient service for your admission process.
How to Reprint Your Lost or Damaged JAMB Admission Letter 2024
If you have lost or damaged your original JAMB Admission Letter 2024, you can reprint it online by following the same steps above. However, you will need to pay another One Thousand Naira (₦1,000) fee to reprint your admission letter.
Alternatively, you can visit any JAMB office nearest to you with the following documents:
- A valid means of identification (e.g., National ID card, Voter’s card, Driver’s license, etc.).
- A copy of your UTME/DE result slip or notification of result.
- A copy of your institution’s admission letter or notification of admission.
- A sworn affidavit stating how you lost or damaged your original admission letter.
You will be required to pay a fee of Two Thousand Naira (₦2,000) only at the bank and present the teller at the JAMB office. You will then be issued a new admission letter after verification.
The JAMB Admission Letter is a very important document that confirms your admission status and contains vital information about your course of study, duration, and institution. You should print your Admission Letter as soon as possible after you have been offered admission and keep it safe for future use. You can print your Admission Letter online through the JAMB e-facility portal by pSummaryaying a fee of One Thousand Naira (₦1,000) only. If you have lost or damaged your original Admission Letter, you can reprint it online by paying another One Thousand Naira (₦1,000) fee or visit any JAMB office nearest to you with the required documents and pay a fee of Two Thousand Naira (₦2,000).